Get your skin glowing naturally with essential oils—they don’t contain any toxins and they’re good for you and your skin in so many ways. From smoothing fine lines, bringing back moisture, evening out skin tones, to clearing your blemishes- these oils do it all!
Unless you’re using a blend that is already mixed with carrier oil (such as Skin Envy), be sure to mix your essential oils with a carrier oil such as coconut, jojoba, avocado or grapeseed oil- diluting your oils will prevent any skin irritation, but be sure to always test a small skin batch first.
In addition to using topically, a facial steam can open your pores and get rid of toxins. Add several drops of essential oil to boiling water and use a towel to make a tent over your head. Steam for approximately 10 minutes.
Here are 5 skin care essential oils to give you that summer glow:
- Lavender Essential Oil soothes, smooths, and restores skin complexion, reduces acne, improves eczema and psoriasis, and works well with any skin type—from dry to oily. You can use to it help your skin heal from burns, sunburn, and wounds. Its powerful antioxidants slow aging. While you’re getting that glow, you’ll reap other benefits such as a reduction in anxiety and emotional stress, improved sleep, and relief from headaches. Lavender has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial qualities, helping protect the skin from infections.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil is a disinfectant with anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that can be used to treat acne, scars, wounds, skin and fungal infections, eczema, and psoriasis. It keeps your skin hydrated and glowing, and can help get rid of dry, dead skin. Tea tree’s healing benefits also help with inflammation and scarring, and can be used to treat insect bites and burns. Like lavender, it’s great for all skin types. Mix a few drops of tea tree essential oil with a tablespoon of honey for a nice facial mask.
- Vitality Extracts Skin Envy is a blend, so no need to add carrier oil. It’s a combination Frankincense, Sandalwood, Myrrh, Vanilla, and Fractionated Coconut Oil. Skin Envy has many anti-aging and health benefits. It rejuvenates and beautifies the skin, adding luster and shine. Use it regularly to increase the vibrancy and tone of your skin. The vanilla oil in this blend offers anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Grapefruit Essential Oil promotes a healthy complexion and is considered a powerful antioxidant, helping to clean the skin of free radicals. With astringent properties, grapefruit essential oil is beneficial in tightening pores on the face, resulting in a more youthful complexion. It can also help improve the immune system, increase memory and mental agility, disinfect, and suppress appetite.
- Frankincense Essential Oil is anti-inflammatory and antiseptic, helping decrease visible signs of aging, reducing fine lines, wrinkles, and blemishes. Its astringent properties tighten the skin, reduce scars, and promote a youthful appearance, as well as cellular regeneration.
As you can see, these five essential oils will not only give your skin that summer glow, but each has other added bonuses for your skin and health. They are all safe to use daily or nightly, or both!