If you’ve been using essential oils for a while, maybe you’ve never thought about the benefits of applying them to your feet. The soles of your feet are actually the most effective part of your body to apply essential oils. The reason for this is that the pores on the bottom of your feet are larger, making them better able to absorb the oils, therefore acting more quickly and efficiently.
The thick skin on the soles of your feet are less sensitive, so if you’ve ever had any reaction to essential oils, you might want to try a small area on your soles to see how that works for you. Be sure to mix your oil(s) with carrier oil first. Because of the toughness of the bottom of our feet, you can use oils on your feet undiluted, but if you have sensitive skin, it’s a good idea to use carrier oil anyway. Mixed with a little coconut oil, you can give yourself a nice foot massage and soothe those tired tootsies.
Have you ever had reflexology? This is another great reason to use essential oils on your feet.
According to reflexologists, there are areas of your feet (and hands and ears) that correspond to the various organs and systems within your body. Pressure is applied to these areas to bring about health. You can give extra focus to an area that matches an ailing area of your body. It’s relaxing and can reduce stress, too.
Reflexology has many benefits, including:
- Improving nerve functions
- Reduce pain
- Help with anxiety and depressions
- Promote relaxation and sleep
- Increase circulation
- Raise energy levels
How can you use Essential Oils? Here are a few ideas:
- Dilute one drop of your favorite essential oil with several drops of carrier oil and massage into problem area.
- To help you sleep at night, use Vitality Extracts Sweet Dreams Blend—it contains Orange, Juniper Berry, Lavender, German Chamomile, and Coriander Seed. You’ll love the smell.
- The Calm Blend is another good choice for improving sleep—it’s a mixture of Mandarin Oil, Lavender Oil, Tangerine Oil, and German Chamomile Oil. And of course, the go-to Lavender essential oil is good for sleeping, as well as headaches, among other benefits.
- After a good night’s sleep, rub Vitality Extracts Energy Essential Oil Blend onto the soles of your feet. This blend of Rosemary, Juniper Berry, Juniper Needle, Silver Fir Needle, Lemongrass, Clove, Nutmeg, and Black Pepper assists in rejuvenating mind and body, reducing inflammation, increasing blood flow, and clearing the mind.
- Vitality Extracts Citrus Kiss Essential Oil Blend promotes circulation, as it relaxes, calms, and regenerates. Enjoy this mixture of Sweet Orange, Lemon, Tangerine, Bergamot, Mandarin, Clementine, and Vanilla.
Give yourself an essential oil foot rub and see the results for yourself!
I love using your essential oils. I use fore sleep and pain. I use my bracelet just about every day. I have one for sleep also. I have shared with my daughter and granddaughter.
Love these suggestions! Gonna give it a try tonight! Thanks for sharing!
Great info! Thank you
I do massage my feet with Lavender, Turmeric, Rosemarie and Immunity oils. Morning and Night!