Essential oils are becoming extremely popular worldwide for a number of reasons — from aromatherapy, to home remedies for physical healing, to household products, and even health and beauty.
This wave is an all-natural approach to wellness. Oils are helping people turn their medicine cabinet from a chemical pool to a natural sanctuary.
If you’re new to essential oils, here’s our pick for the best options to get you started.
Our Top 6 For Beginners
1. Lavender Essential Oil—one of the most popular essential oils in the world—and no wonder. It is the go-to essential oil. Have anxiety or emotional stress? Lavender can calm you down. Tossing and turning at night? Lavender improves sleep. Upset stomach? Lavender is one of the essential oils that helps with nausea, vomiting, digestion and motion sickness. Also, its handy to help alleviate headaches, heal burns and wounds, and improve skin conditions. Lavender is truly a day-to-day, multi-purpose oil.
2. Stress Away Essential Oil Blend is another great choice for those with stress and anxiety. Its essence promotes relaxation and reduces nervous tension, yet it’s also uplifting. While on-the-go, put a few drops of stress away on a diffuser bracelet to increase mental agility and memory while balancing stress and anxiety. It’s a pleasing combination of Bergamot, Sweet Orange, Ylang Ylang, Pink Grapefruit, and Patchouli.
3. Migraine Care Essential Oil Blend is a 5-in-1 mixture specifically designed to help prevent and relieve symptoms of even the most powerful migraines. Diffuse in your home, office, or car when you need relief. Migraine Care brings peace of mind when you need it the most. Besides migraines, this special anti-inflammatory blend may also help to reduce nausea, anxiety and nervous tension, improve circulation & blood flow, and help with memory retention.
4. Inner Peace Essential Oil Blend is a fan favorite. It works as a multi-purpose blend that can help with pain relief, fighting free radicals, boosting the immune system, increasing mental agility, reduce stress & anxiety, and reduce cellulite by tighten sagging skin. Inner Peace users have left reviews saying “I feel like a new person”, and “it actually does make me feel more peaceful.”
5. Peppermint Essential Oil is a “must-have.” Peppermint is great for digestion and increasing blood flow. Antiviral and anti-inflammatory, peppermint reduces the physical discomfort of pain while working to heal the wound itself. Got a headache or migraine? Peppermint with carrier oil on your temples can help. Use it for sore muscles and arthritic joints, too. Peppermint also cleanses the air from bacteria and viruses. It is also on the list of essential oils for nausea, vomiting, digestion and motion sickness.
6. Frankincense Essential Oil strengthens the immune system and stimulates the lymphatic system. With its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, it helps reduce inflammation and improves skin conditions. Frankincense relieves stress, boosts your immune system, cleanses and detoxes the body, and promotes digestion.
With these essential oils in tow, you’ll be ready to start your all-natural journey.
How Should I Use These Oils?
Put your favorite essential oil in a diffuser. For a diffuser in your home, office, or car, add a few drops of oil to the water. Vitality Extracts has diffuser jewelry—just put a few drops on the lava rocks.
Make your own toxin-free cleaning supplies, as well as health and beauty products.
Create body, face, and hand scrubs. Try using coconut oil, sugar, and Lavender for a homemade body scrub.
Mix With Water For A Spritz
A nice spray for insects is water with Peppermint; mix Lavender with water for a room freshener.
Add Essential Oils To Shampoos And Lotions
There are lots of ways to use essential oils and it’s such a simple, easy way to give your family a healthier, toxin-free environment.
Topically With A Carrier Oil
For topical use, a carrier oil is highly recommended. Essential oils are very potent, and can cause skin irritation if you do not use a carrier oil.
How much carrier oil to use depends on factors such as skin sensitivity and oil potency (all oils are different). A good rule of thumb is to add 10 drops of carrier oil to 1 drop of essential oil, and adjust accordingly to preference.
Fractionated Coconut Oil is our fan favorite, however we also offer Almond Oil, Argan Oil, and Jojoba Oil. Shop all carrier oils here to see what is best for you.
As mentioned, you can use essential oils for a lot of things:
– Increase energy
– Cleanse air from bacteria & viruses
– Hair growth
– Increase blood flow
– Reduce inflammation
– Memory loss
– Treat insect bites, blemishes, and burns
– Reduce dandruff
– Kill bacteria
– Hand soap and dish soap
– Cleaning products
– Beauty supplies
Now that you know what essential oils can do for you, start with the 6 oils listed above or explore our wide selection of essential oils and find your own favorites!
Shop Now and get your essential oils, diffusers, and diffuser jewelry ON SALE TODAY.
USE DISCOUNT CODE “NEW15” AT CHECKOUT FOR AN ADDITIONAL 15% OFF SPECIAL READER DISCOUNT