Essential oils are nice to have even when you’re traveling, but if you have a large collection, you probably won’t want to pack all of them. Narrowing it down to just six can be a tough decision, but here are six essential oils that can be beneficial in so many ways, making them perfect to include in your travel kit.
1. Lavender Essential Oil—one of the most popular essential oils in the world—and no wonder. It is the go-to essential oil. Traveling to a different time zone? Lavender improves sleep. Motion sickness? Lavender is one of the essential oils that helps with nausea, vomiting, digestion and motion sickness. Does travel cause you anxiety or emotional stress? Lavender’s the answer. While you’re on-the-go, lavender’s handy to have to help alleviate headaches, heal burns and wounds, and improve skin conditions.
2. Stress Away Essential Oil Blend is another great choice if traveling causes you stress. Its essence promotes relaxation and reduces nervous tension, yet it’s also uplifting. For business travel, put a few drops of stress away on a bracelet to increase mental agility and memory and to help balance stress anxiety. It’s a nice combination of Bergamot, Sweet Orange, Ylang ylang, Pink grapefruit, and Patchouli.
3. Orange Essential Oil is healthy and fragrant with so many benefits, making it a wonderful addition to your travel kit. Orange clears the lymphatic system, improves immune function, and its antibacterial properties make it a natural disinfectant. Staying in a hotel? The wonderful scent of orange can definitely improve the smell and energy of your room. It’s uplifting, provides relief from inflammation, and disinfects wounds. If you’re traveling by car and start feeling a little sleepy, put a few drops of orange or peppermint in your car diffuser.
4. Immunity Boost Essential Oil Blend is a combination of Clove, Cinnamon, Lemon, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary. Together, they help strengthen and support the proper function of your immune and respiratory systems. It’s antimicrobial and antibacterial so, like Orange, this blend can perk up your hotel room with its scent as it purifies the air and disinfects surfaces, providing a nice, clean aura. Immunity Blend also eases headaches, reduces anxiety, uplifts mood, and is good for focus and memory retention.
5. Peppermint Essential Oil is a “must-have.” This, too, is on the list of essential oils for nausea, vomiting, digestion and motion sickness. Peppermint is great for digestion and increasing blood flow. Antiviral and anti-inflammatory, peppermint reduces the physical discomfort of pain while working to heal the wound itself. Got a headache or migraine? Peppermint with carrier oil on your temples can help. Use it for sore muscles and arthritic joints, too. Peppermint also cleanses the air from bacteria and viruses.
6. Frankincense Essential Oil strengthens the immune system and stimulates the lymphatic system. With its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, it helps reduce inflammation and improves skin conditions. Frankincense relieves stress, boosts your immune system, cleanses and detoxes the body, and promotes digestion.
With these six essential oils in tow, you’ll be equipped for a smoother, more pleasant journey—wherever your travels take you.